HALLOWEEN!!! I love the holidays…crafts, decor, and DIYS! First off..I want to say I found almost everything at Dollar General unless I already had it at the house (such as the spray paint). So this is perfect for moms on a budget.
DIY GAME BOARD AND DECOR
First DIY is a Halloween checkerboard. I found these skulls but decided to use pumpkins for the kids I found both at Dollar General. The board you can find at hobby lobby and spray..I ended up having both at the house.
-13×13 PAINTED (the color you want the border of the board and half the squares to be) Board or bigger depending on what you want
-Painters tape (I used .94)
-Spray paint (Whatever color you liked…I am a gold and white fan)
-Checker pieces (I used pumpkins for kids and skulls for adults)
1. Start off by taping off the board horizontally leaving spaces. Remember the spaces will be the size of your board squares. If I had to do it again, I would probably make my squares a little larger.
2. Tape off the board vertically…try to keep the length in between tape the same as the length you used for the horizontal spaces.
3. Tape off a boarder. I just taped over the last squares on the ends.
4. Lastly use a box cutter to cut out the squares in the middle. Be careful pulling off the tape. Spray paint the visible squares.
2. DIY DOLLAR GENERAL DECOR FIND
I found a packet of black bats at dollar general and purchased them for the kids (which they love as Harper chews on them, and Brooks runs around the house saying “Bat!”), but the more I looked at one of the bats..I realized why can’t I enjoy one too? Heck they had 6 of the bats and only wanted one. So I spray painted the bat gold and used one in a frame and the other for my dining table for a little gold touch.
SKELETON DOLLAR GENERAL FIND!
So I found these skeletons, which my son seemed fascinated by (he has played with his so much that it is now ribless), and knew I could put them to use. Of course I spray painted them gold first!
They are perfect as halloween garland. I just used some black string and wrapped them once.
I also used them on my dining room table and loved how they brought dimension and my favorite gold color touch.
Since Brooks loved the skeletons so much, I decided to attache them to some goody bags for his friend. I stamped a simple BOO to card stock and glued it to his hands.
Happy Halloween Everyone!!!
Psalms 27:1 – The Lord is my light and salvation; why should I be afraid?
More Posts You May Like: