So…. as soon as I found out my big ole belly was occupied by a sweet baby girl… I was GIDDY!!! As a mom, I envisioned a long life best friend (after I face the hardships along the way of course). Plus I am so girly when it comes to decor, so I was ready to start my shopping spree for her room! Who doesn’t get excited about decorating a baby room?
My two kid’s rooms are my favorite rooms in the house! Sometimes I just sit in there and look around. They end up being more peaceful.. full of their sweet baby furniture and essentials… no T.V. blaring out my thoughts… and thinking of the sweet memories we will make in there. Here are some items I ABSOLUTELY LOVE in my girl’s room. I wanted to buy her pretty keepsakes she could keep forever!
Instantly I knew I wanted her room to be simple and full of serene colors. I can’t concentrate in a room with bright colors and a lot going on, so I knew her color palette would be gold, white, and blush. I know…some moms are totally against white, and I get it. White draws me in…. I just can’t escape the color.
1. Harper’s room has a small little desk built-in. I plan on making this into a vanity for her as she gets older, xo I wanted to find a chair that matched and was easy to clean. Especially when she started playing in make-up. This chair from Wayfair (click on chair to check it out) was perfect! Plus it was modern…and I am loving all the new modern furniture.
2. When I saw this chair from Wayfair, I had to have it! I purchased my son a glider for his nursery… and I loved it for the first year! After the first year, the $400 glider ended up in the garage. What use do we have with a glider after that? It didn’t match any other room in the house. So after this one year purchase, I decided for Harper’s room we would get a chair that she could use forever!
3. I’ll be honest at first this wasn’t my favorite bed. I had my heart set on this fancy bed that was around a $1000, but obviously that is a lot for a crib that she’ll sleep in for maybe 2 years. So I wanted to find her a bed that she could get use out of …convertible beds are the best! This bed we found on Wayfair matched and converts to a toddler bed!
4. So…I think it is safe to say I am OBSESSEEEEDDD with Anthropologie! Granted I cannot afford a lot of the products I start drooling over, but their kids products are really fairly reasonable. Harper LOVES her plush toys… they have an elegant look about them.
5. We dress-up all the time at the Barham house, so this Anthropologie headdress was perfect for Harper to fit right in on our dress-up days.
6. Every girl should feel like a princess! I love her Wayfair elegant chandelier to bring some dimension in her room.
7. A sweet and feminine nightlight has to have a spot in a girl’s room. Not only for the decor, but for when she wakes up in the middle of the night and wants to come snuggle with mommy and daddy.
8. Florals are my favorite when it comes to Harper. I have a soft spot for the elegant detail, so this Anthrolpologie crib sheet was not only perfect but super soft.
9. I am a huge fan of having white as our main focus such as comforter and the big furniture pieces. I add color with pops of decor through out the room. I love to change things up, so this Anthropologie white blanket allows me to change the sheets with different colors.
10. My heart flutters at a sweet art print. Mint has some sweet simple pieces of artwork.
11. I have this ombre wrapping paper hanging in my daughter’s room and love how it brings color. Yes I said wrapping paper… it is SUPER cheap and resembles an art print.
12. Anthropologie hardware is the BOMB (can I still say that?)! I have knobs in Harper’s room and knobs in the kid’s playroom. It really brings a kid elegance detail.
13. BOOKS GALORE! As a reading teacher, I have a passion for kid’s books. If I could have a huge library built-in my house…I totally would! When I saw this classic….. it went right on Harper’s desk.
15. With girls…comes bows! TONS and TONS of bows… bows in every color and every print! How in the world are you supposed to display all these bows? I use these shadowboxes! They are perfect… not only will they hold her bows now, but later she can use it to hold her jewelry or whatever she wants.
16. Over the crib eye catcher! We all have an over the crib eye catcher piece…whether it be a blown up newborn picture, an art piece, or a sign. I knew I couldn’t wait until after Harper was born to get her picture taken, printed, and then finally hung. We ran across this sign to hang in her room, and it couldn’t be more perfect! The colors and the quote fit Harper.
17. This lamp is beautiful! It is white which of course I love, but it also has a touch of gold.
Proverbs 3:6- In all ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
You may also be interested in: